Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Music for the soul =)



In general, my musical tastes are very miscellaneous. I listen with major frequency latinoamerican music like salsa (Rubén Blades for example), vallenato, tango (Carlos Gardel and Astor Piazzola, for example), music with african roots like Totó y la Momposina and Petrona Martínez. Also I like the instrumental music, particularly some albums of Yann Tiersen like “Rue des cascades”. Generally I listen the latter when I study; is really good for concentration and motivation.


I don’t know if I have a particular musical taste for sad moments, but I can tell you that the last time that I felt sad I listened to Frou Frou, Joaquín Sabina, John Coltrane, a disc of “Putumayo” (Presents Paris). Recently I have been listening andean music, like “saya”, is very lively! My favorite group of saya is Kalamarka. I think that my music help to cheer up and feel happy.


I don’t recommend listen sad music in sad moments, because the distress feeling is reinforced through of lyrics. Long time ago when I felt a loving deception, I listened to Alanis Morisette and definitely don’t helped me, it made me very sad. So… Now I only listening lively music, that make me feel happy and quiet. Here is a videos of a songs that I really like! I hope you like it too!



Rubén Blades (Decisiones): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GyhwmZAQB-Y

Totó y la Momposina (El pescador): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BAPh04Ay_0Q


John Coltrane (My favorite things): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0I6xkVRWzCY


Kalamarka (Cuando florezca el chuño): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zsj4BPkPHJA


Kisses!

9 comments:

  1. of this music tha you like, the most like is putumayo, is really great.
    and the saya is great too.

    :D!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love latinoamerican music too!
    I hope we can go to Petrona concert next time!
    Kisses

    ReplyDelete
  3. Music with african roots??
    wow! I never heard anything... mmmm
    I like your post is very interesting, I now know something new! jajajjaa
    kisses!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love dancing saya!!! :)
    When will we go?
    kisses

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It looks like instructions to prepare a magical potion: two frog legs, an aquatic salamander eye, a pinch of rose petals powder, the last hair of a bald man... What are you up to?

    Respectfully, the baroque ostrich.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Do you like Putumayo records? They also have good singers and bands from Africa. Well done!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice links, I liked them and enjoyed them!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like too Totó La Momposina and Rubén Blades. Yo know Susana Baca? She is a good singer and her music is nice.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SBo_bk6zqec

    Bye!

    ReplyDelete