Monday, December 12, 2011

Hello classmates!

Today I talk you about this semester and my expectations for the end of this academic year. As we know, this year has been very special because we have been witness of the most important social movement of the last twenty years: the fight of people for a free and high quality education.

After of six months of fight, our university (and the majority of the higher education institutes) decided return to the class, so… here we are… Honestly I would have preferred don’t back to class for respect with the secondary students who still protest for the public education and because the Government don’t give us guarantee of an improvement in the educational system. But I should respect the institutional decision.

For me, study in summer is terrible, because I hate climate of Santiago and I’d like stay in my parent’s home for the Christmas Eve and New Year’s Eve. But in this scenario I expect the semester to be good, and I hope that the time pass very fast because I’d take vacations in February.

Besides this is my last semester, so I took just two subjects: Taller de Investigación and Prehistoria de Chile Central. When I finish these subjects, I will be archaeology graduate.



I hope you have a good semester too… Lucky!

Cheers

2 comments:

  1. Cami, I hope that you can survive the hot weather of Santiago

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that picture. And I agree with you, we shouldn't back to classes, but only seen in practical terms is the best for us.
    See you in awhile

    ReplyDelete